I love reading everyone's ‘end of year’ and ‘2017 best bits’ posts. Taking the time to remember all the good, positive moments that came from last year is so important especially amongst all the negative moments that the News channels have constantly bombarded us with.
While this year hasn't been my favourite year by far, it definitely hasn't been my worst either! If I'm completely honest with myself, 2017 didn't bring me all the positivity, balance and motivation that I had hoped. However, it did see me make some big life changes and realise what I really want and the areas I'd really like to improve going forward.
With that being said, here are some of my highlights from 2017:
- I got a job working as a full time designer.
- I moved home to Glasgow, where Ross got a job and will be joining me in a couple of weeks time!
- My blog turned two. I've not spent as much time as I'd like, but towards the end of 2017 I've realised how much I enjoy it. My motivation is back, ready to really improve my blog in 2018.
- Keeping on the topic of my blog, I finally took the leap and purchased the domain for my blog. This also saw me redesigning it on Squarespace — love!
- My friend announced that she is expecting her second little one. I am so excited for her to welcome the new baba this year and see how her family grows.
- Visited Belfast with Ross. It was so interesting to explore another part of the UK, so much culture. I'd love to go back again.
- Speaking of exploring the UK, Ross finally met my other gran and grandad in England. Was such a great trip and I loved introducing Ross to that part of my family.
- Made more room for time with friends and family. This year I realised who was truly there for me and it taught me how important it is to put the proper time and effort into these people as they have done for me.
This year has honestly taught me so much. I'm leaving it behind feeling stronger and happier than ever and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for me. Thank you for all the support over the part year. Every view, like and comment really does mean the world!
What was your highlight(s) from 2017? Let me know below, I absolutely love hearing everyone's achievements, no matter how big or small!